Have a question? Ask it here.

Home Forums I. Forum Helps Have a question? Ask it here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

If you have questions about how to use this forum or if you have another technical question, ask your question or explain your issue here (in a reply to this topic). An administrator will respond as soon as possible.

Want to share this?

My question: How do I reply using a quote from the post I am replying to?

Want to share this?

Jane Carole Anderson
    Keymaster
    (47.221.140.254)

My question: How do I reply using a quote from the post I am replying to?

Answer: Copy the post with the author name you wish to quote and paste it into the reply space. Delete whatever you do not want to quote. Next, highlight the quote and click the third formatting button from the left (it has one large double quote mark on it). This will make your quoted text show up as a block quote when you click submit. You will not see the block quote format while in the visual editor. That is how I created this answer. (Yes, I know I am answering my own question … but remember, I am in testing mode! :P)

Want to share this?

Question: How can I tell what posts I have read and not read (are they marked some way?

Answer: A forum name that has unread posts in it will have a green exclamation point to the left of the forum’s name.  When you open the forum you will see a green exclamation point to the left of any topics that have unread posts in them.

After you read all the unread posts under a topic, the green exclamation point will disappear from beside the topic name. Likewise, the green exclaimation point will disappear from beside the forum name when all unread posts in the forum have been read.

Want to share this?

Question:  Can I upload an image or a pdf file?

Yes.

How: Use the “attachment” link (just above the SUBMIT button below). The size is limited, however, so if you get a file is too large message, use the “Contact Us” tab to ask if you can upload it. Give the particulars of your file (type and size) and the reason you need to upload it.

When you open an uploaded attachment, it will open in a new browser tab. Important: Use  the back arrow to exit from it and return to where you were before opening it. If you close the tab, it will throw you out of the forum … hmmmm … this WordPress plugin feature needs improving!

Want to share this?
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Want to reply? You must be logged in. You can log in below (mobile device) or at the top right side of this page. After you log in, click (or tap) the date of the first item in the Latest Topics list to return to this place and reply.
Want to share this?