Reply To: A Weekly Zoom Prayer Meeting in Texas

I want to say something about idols, since they can definitely hinder our prayer life.  If we don’t think we have any, it’s best to check often with the Lord and keep short accounts with Him.  For example, just this morning, my husband was praying over his breakfast, and he said something like this, “Father, you are the One and only God, the only God I worship…”  Immediately, he heard the Lord speaking in his heart, “Look at your plate.  No, You worship your stomach.”  He was quite taken back, and very ashamed.  He ate about a third of the food, then put the rest into the fridge for tomorrow.  (I hope he confessed his sin to the Father, but if he didn’t, it may come back to haunt him.)

Meeting every week to pray like this is a great way to be held accountable.  Thanks, Jane, for working out the forum to include this prayer section.  I believe this is going to be a big help for us to keep accounts of what’s happening and to share our feelings and burdens.  Looking forward to praying, especially about the Presidential election.  Exciting things to come!!

Want to share this?