Reply To: A Weekly Zoom Prayer Meeting in Texas

CBN vows to keep fighting wokeism and women preachers in the SBC

In response to the above article, I tried to post a comment, but it was too long, so I am posting it here for our prayer group. Prayers are being heard!

My comment: CBN will never make headway in fighting for the truth until they stop linking these two in their arguments: “wokeism” and “women preachers.” They are right on their stance against wokeism, but their stance concerning women is wrong. Their hardened views find support only in Christian tradition and errant Bible translations. CBN’s fight on the “woman” front will result in them being found fighting against the truth and God! (Gamaliel’s warning applies).

Too much biblical evidence has surfaced in recent decades concerning God’s view of women—solid, well-researched evidence, provided by renowned Greek/Hebrew scholars like Phillip Payne. CBN needs to clothe themselves in humility and give due diligence to an up-to-date study of the woman topic. Much more is at stake on this earth than upholding the reputation of their Baptist organization.

What is at stake is the church’s ability to fight and win in spiritual warfare. (Israel’s defeat at Ai applies.) The centuries-old suppression of women in the church is a huge, long-term “sin in the camp.” It has produced a massive hole in the wall through which the devil has invaded and defeated many believers. Centuries of male pastors/clerics who have been defeated by sexual sin show this, as does the big report on display this year at the SBC. Their focus is on current bad fruit (and rightly so), but God’s focus is on purging out the long-term root sin in the camp: the abuse of women on every level, including suppression of their spiritual giftings. Learning and teaching the truth about God’s view of woman will bring about long overdue repentance. Only that will begin to really change things for the better … the way better. Our Father’s name will be hallowed, and His kingdom will come on earth as it is in heaven.

Want to share this?