Fall Weekend Retreat on Zoom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

This topic will be used for communicating links, etc. during the September 24-26 Fall Weekend Retreat that will take place on Zoom.

Want to share this?

Here is the “Woman 101” paper by me.

Want to share this?

How enjoyable!
    So many things moving in my heart .
    A very different retreat!
    Thanks to all of you for pouring out your thoughts.
    I am left with encouragement and correction. It is evident that the Holy Spirit speaks and I do not have “an ear to hear”

Want to share this?

Thank you, John, for sharing your paper, “Woman 101,” the subtitle of which is “What Every Christian Man Needs to Know.” We appreciate your reading the books, God’s Word to Women, by Katharine Bushnell (1856–1946), and The Magna  Charta of Woman, by Jesse Penn-Lewis (1861–1927), and then writing to the Christian men who think that they have a God-given right to exercise authority  over females.

Want to share this?

Yes, how enjoyable this retreat has been. I appreciate Jane reading Psalm 47 to us and pointing out that it is “Of the sons of Korah.”  I then discovered this link: https://melissamclaughlin.org/2020/10/22/who-were-the-sons-of-korah-in-the-bible/    that points out

There are four important lessons to learn from the sons of Korah in the Bible:

1. Devotion to God, despite family failures – These men were devoted to the Lord, despite what they witnessed in their family lineage. We do not have to walk in the sins of our past or our forefathers. May we have the courage to stand with God, no matter what our family may choose. God is merciful to those who seek Him.

2. Obedience in the “small” tasks given by God – When this story began in Numbers 16:9, Moses said, “Is it too small a thing for you?” May we never consider ourselves too great to do the small things God has asked. For it is a privilege and honor to be included in His kingdom and in His kingdom work, no matter the visibility or accolades.

3. Humility – Though listed in passing in other scriptures, the individual names of the sons of Korah were not listed in the Psalms. They carried the shameful name of their forefathers and lived out their humble reverence and remembrance before God and others. One can only wonder if they kept this name at the forefront in order to keep themselves right before our Holy God.

4. Awe of God – The sons of Korah demonstrated an awe of God’s holiness and power, as expressed in their service to the Lord in the Temple and their poetic images lingering on as a legacy in the Psalms.

As it turns out, these insignificant, often unnoticed sons of Korah, with a less than noble ancestry, left for us profound and Godly lessons to learn. Lessons that echo on through the pages of the Bible and into our lives today. God extended mercy to these sons of Korah and their hearts were true to Him.

Praise God for his mercy for us in these days especially!

Want to share this?
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Want to reply? You must be logged in. You can log in below (mobile device) or at the top right side of this page. After you log in, click (or tap) the date of the first item in the Latest Topics list to return to this place and reply.
Want to share this?