Information about social media, internet browsers, and news media options

Home Forums II. Let “Them” Subdue and Conquer (Prayer and Discussion) Discussions Information about social media, internet browsers, and news media options

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Here is an article about a new browser that is for free speech and doesn’t try to control your searches, etc.:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/entrepreneur-launches-new-internet-browser-to-promote-free-speech_3690159.html?utm_source=morningbrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-02-10

Want to share this?

There are so many new social media things it gets confusing! Right now I am on:

Gab (like Parler, Twitter)

Telegram (like apple texting, Messenger),

MeWe, and

Rumble (like Youtube).

I am planning my departure from Facebook. I’ve already left Twitter. I read about a new internet browser today called TheNewInternet that may work to get away from microsoft’s Edge and from Google Chrome which are starting to interfere in searches they don’t like by warning of security risks.

Want to share this?

Gab it seems is under particular persecution by big tech. I personally believe it is because Andrew Torba, Gab’s founder, is a strong Christian who does not hide his faith but glorifies Christ openly. Sadly Governor Abbot (Texas) recently accused Gab of being anti-semitic (false!) and deleted the Texas government’s Gab account. Andrew and those who work with him need our prayers. They are standing alone and survive on  income from paid users (with low monthly membership fees) and also on income from donations. May God bless them richly!  A testimony by Andrew Tobar

Want to share this?

The safe browser I am now using is from Gab.  Its name is Dissenter. I am loving it. Go here to read about it and download it if you want to try it out:

Dissenter.com

Update: Dissenter is no longer supported by Gab.  Brave.com seems to be a good alternative.

Want to share this?

I am now subscribed to a number of Telegram channels of people/organizations that I trust. Whenever they put out new information, I am able to see it quickly. I have also created my own group called News Collected by Jane. Whenever I see important news in these channels I can put it in my News Collection. People can subscribe to my News group and see all the News that I am collecting. Let me know if you want to join the group! (You can get Telegram on your desktop and on your mobile phones. (Go to telegram.org)

Want to share this?
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Want to reply? You must be logged in. You can log in below (mobile device) or at the top right side of this page. After you log in, click (or tap) the date of the first item in the Latest Topics list to return to this place and reply.
Want to share this?