Past experience

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Several years ago we attended an old school Southern Baptist legalistic church. Women couldn’t stand and give a testimony unless they had a dress or skirt on. If they spoke to much or long they would get cut off, as women weren’t to give a message, other than testimony. I couldn’t stand all of the Legalism, and my husband wasn’t crazy about it either. The reason being, much of it isn’t biblical.

Want to share this?

Evfranklin,

I’m really glad you got out of there. Places like that drain the life out of you. The Lord has a better place for you guys. I say if your gifts are not received and valued then its better to shake the dust off your feet and go elsewhere. It is really crazy to think that a women is not to give a message, why not exactly? Do women lack knowledge, do they lack wisdom, does not the same Holy Spirit indwell in women as in men? This whole thing is so demonic to shut up and shut down a woman’s voice. I wonder if these people think that only men have the gifts of the Spirit? There are only two odd verses that appear at first glance to silence women, and about twenty or more other verses that allow them to speak, yet people for some reason don’t accept those other Bible verses as the literal Word of God, only the two odd ones. They have blinders on their eyes. I’m really glad you left that place.

Want to share this?
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Want to reply? You must be logged in. You can log in below (mobile device) or at the top right side of this page. After you log in, click (or tap) the date of the first item in the Latest Topics list to return to this place and reply.
Want to share this?