Esther’s Last Chapter after 17 years in the LC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

A very insightful  and informative writing published by a young woman as she exited the Local Church in April 2022, after having grown up there and been a member for seventeen years:

Esther’s last chapter …

Want to share this?

Esther, I appreciate your sharing your experience of 17 years in the Local Church and coming to realize its flaws, specifically its abusing power and misusing God’s authority. Thank you for speaking your insight regarding the system of Christian patriarchy in this church. You point out that the Christian patriarchy is not a command of God rather it is rooted in ancient pagan patriarchy–it is a result of Sin after the fall. I pray for continued insight for you as you abide in the Lord and seek to give Him the Glory.

Want to share this?

That is an amazing synopsis much like my own adventure in the LC.

It triggered a memory.

Many of you will understand.

I had a meeting  in my home Saturday night, Lord’s Table Sunday morning and 50 for lunch afterwards.

I was moping the kitchen floor and looked out the window, sun shining, breeze flowing, so I put down my mop and went for a walk around the pond to relax and think.

Upstairs an older brother from Cleveland napped, before heading home.

When I meandered back in the house he was awake and moping my kitchen floor!!!

I tried to take it from him but he insisted that he wanted to finish.

That brother exemplified all that is good in men.

Want to share this?

What a heart-warming memory!  I must say as I think back over my experiences in the LC I cannot come up with anything comparable.

Want to share this?
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Want to reply? You must be logged in. You can log in below (mobile device) or at the top right side of this page. After you log in, click (or tap) the date of the first item in the Latest Topics list to return to this place and reply.
Want to share this?