JCA: My Encounter with Ron Kangas in the late 1970's

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I have personal knowledge that Ron Kangas began honing his cold-hearted deputy authority skills a long time ago. The link below to an excerpt from The Thread of Gold (2005) describes how he handled me in the late 1970’s when, in desperation, I reached out to him for help. For approximately two years before that time, I had been experiencing some of the long-term effects of severe emotional trauma–one of which was being in a constant struggle to hold on to my sanity.  The trauma had occurred when Carole Davis, my church friend, “turned me in” to the Houston elders and Benson Phillips subsequently publicly shamed and humiliated me in front of my whole church community.

I recently heard an audio of Ron describing how he viewed his wife. He said she was nothing and no-one. Those words gave me more insight into the further mental and emotional assault I had received from Ron when I asked for his help. As a visibly distraught, weeping woman, I was to him simply nothing. I was no one. I was not worthy of any help other than to be told coldly in his slow, monotone voice that God expected me to submit without question to the church elders. This was not about right or wrong. They were God’s deputy authorities, and I was supposed to bear my cross and willingly accept what they had told me–as being from God Himself.

In hindsight it is easy to see that Ron was someone who had no idea of the destruction that can take place in a human soul as a result of mental and emotional abuse by authority figures. I had been oblivious to such until I experienced it firsthand.

Thankfully, God didn’t view me, or treat me, as Ron did. God came through for me and helped me.

IMPORTANT: To return to this page after reading my account (link follows), be sure to use the back button on your browser.  Alex Kent is Ron Kangas (Sandra is his wife at the time, Susan), Anne is Carole Davis, and Dan is Benson Phillips in my 1978 encounter,

Want to share this?
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Want to reply? You must be logged in. You can log in below (mobile device) or at the top right side of this page. After you log in, click (or tap) the date of the first item in the Latest Topics list to return to this place and reply.
Want to share this?